POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5 : MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:10:53 EDT (-0400)
  MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5
From: Francois Piednoel
Date: 10 Aug 2002 20:05:49
Message: <3d55aa5d$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Guys, I am Francois Piednoel, working in the Performance enabling group
at Intel.

As you probably noticed, PovRay is a using a lot of processing Power.
The version 3.5 of PovRay for Windows is a big step for PovRay, the only
step missing to PovRay is to use fully the multi-processing power of modern
Processor, as the new Xeon.
HyperThreading is a real plus for the modern computers, and you can see
already the efficency of it on few 3D ray tracer already.

So, I am placing a call: anybody interest by working with us on moving
PovRay to a real multithreading kernel is welcome to email me at
fra### [at] intelcom

we are already working closely with Chris Cason, and we hope to improve
again the Pentium(R) 4 user experience, via some more improvement.

Francois
Francois Piednoel
Senior Performance Analyst
Pentium 4, Prescott, Tejas.